Zum Inhalt springen
Extra Cruising Equipment on Wild Too:
- Gennaker and Spinnaker sails: To push us forward on the long transocean passages we have 2 large Gennakers (balloon like sails) with a Gennaker pole and a spinnaker on bord.
- 600W Solar Panels: Since we do not and cannot sail from marina to marina we need to produce our electricity ourselves. Most of it is consumed by the autopilot and the 2 fridges plus the navigation equipment.
- 600ah AGM Service batteries store the sun’s energy for the night
- Watermaker: We produce our own drinking water from sea water via reverse osmosis. The water quality is better than most of the bottled water you can buy via filtration through micro membranes. Our expensive system produces 100l/h but requires lots of electricity. Therefore we still have to use the water thoughtfully. In addition we carry 1000l freshwater in our tank.
Safety equipement on Wild Too:
- Epirb 406MHZ with GPS
- Satellite phone (which allows access to email, weather data and telephone in case of emergency in the open sea)
- Life raft
- Life wests and life lines
- 3 fire extinguishers
- First aid material (still a good idea if you bring your personal basic first aid kit on bluewater passages)
- Emergency tiller
- Watermaker 120l/h
- AIS receiver
- Radar reflector
- The propane system has been checked and recertified, the boat is CE certified
- The shrouds and halyards have been changed 2017 and checked